“We are the stories that we tell about ourselves.”
In the best case we are. In the worse case, we are what others say about us. The fact that our ego is a construct that feeds on social con-texts from a narrative perspective is not a disappointment, but a huge opportunity. Because every construct can be de- and reconstructed and thus moulded and rewritten by ourselves. In StoryWork we leave extraneously determined and confining stories behind and open new windows on the land of possibility. We don’t dip stories into the fixing bath of applause, but unfold its wings in ever new reflective loops.
StoryWork means that we work with stories. Other than in storytelling, we don’t instrumentalize them in order to better transport prescribed contents, but use them as material for reflection, thus to uncover the dynamic of identity construction (at work within them).
As this work doesn’t take place in a vacuum, but always within a cultural setting, identity formation and cultural reflection go hand in hand and in StoryWork programmatically merge into one another.
- “STORYWORK.” Intoduction into narrative work. 2-days-modul @ASK-Akademie Salzburg, 26th and 27th of April 2019.
- “STORY UP YOUR LIFE.” Life like a Movie. Poetic reflexions with moving images. 2-days-modul @ASK-Akademie Salzburg, 20th and 21st of September 2019.
- “BEYOND STORYTELLING.” Narrative work in practice. Toys, tools & insights. 2-days-modul @ASK-Akademie Salzburg, 18th and 19th of October 2019.
- “THE SUN IS STILL IN MY EYES.” A hands on reflection about the construction of our life story based on a movie project with the Berlin artist Wilhelm Singer. Workshop und Screening @Beyond Storytelling. Congress on 8th and 9th of June 2018 in Hamburg/Germany.
- Climbing Mountains. Moving Mountains. Workshop @Beyond Storytelling. Congress on 19th and 20th of May 2017 in Heidelberg.
- De-Constructing Deadlocks: Finding & developing your special story
- Climbing & Moving Mountains: VisionWork with stories
- Strategy Sparring: Playful strategy development
- Tasting & Spelling the Water: Experiencing & designing corporate culture
- Living Diversity: How to leverage plurality (among others with the project fairMATCHING)
- Walkabouts: Developing stories while walking
- (Interventive) Moderation
- Individual Coaching (narrative systemic)